Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tech world

In the Mac lab this week.... now I'm not much of an Apple fan (steve jobs is a bitter, jealous man) but I really enjoy the dual operating system. It combines the new ideas of the Mac and the familiarity of Windows. I'm not going over to the apple side... but i can't help not hating steve jobs so much.

On a more serious note - this tech class is actually quite interesting. It's not just writing on smartboards and learning to use excel. I'm already feeling a bit more capable to stand up in front of a class and be able to communicate in a way they understand. Plus, sitting on a computer for an hour is much better than listening to a lecture!

The Romans saw technology as an advantage, they used it to triumph over their enemies and to improve their own lives. Random inventions that seemed so backwards at the time ended up revolutionizing our world. (eg: the arch, concrete, paved roads) To echo the Romans, computers were irrelevant and cumbersome 25 years ago, and absolutely indispensable now.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I couldn't agree more with Kim when it comes to the Apple computers. I have never been an apple fan, well to be more accurate Ive just grown up using PCs and never used an apple. I felt that apple would be more difficult to use and that EVERYTHING would be different from my PC. I thought "Why fix something thats not broked? my PC was great and I had no reason to ever try an apple.
Until, my PC that I had loved so much for the past 4 years suddenly stopped working. I was constantly in the computer lab which forced me to use an APPLE! i was a little hesitant but after exploring all the features of a MAC i was hooked! I def want to buy an APPLE but would definitely get the dual processor.